Has Your Friendship Become an Emotional Affair?
Find out with this quiz
1. Do you confide more to your friend than to your partner about how your day went?
2. Do you discuss negative feelings or intimate details about your marriage with your friend but not with your partner?
3. Are you open with your partner about the extent of your involvement with your friend?
4. Would you feel comfortable if your partner heard your conversation with your friend?
5. Would you feel comfortable if your partner saw a videotape of your meetings?
6. Are you aware of sexual tensions in this friendship?
7. Do you and your friend touch differently when you're alone than in front of others?
8. Are you in love with your friend?
Scoring Key: You get one point for each yes to questions 1,2,6,7,8, and one point for each no to 3,4,5. If you scored near 0, this is just a friendship. If you scored 3 or more, you may not be "just friends." If you scored 7-8, you are definitely involved in an emotional affair.
Adapted from Shirley P. Glass, Not "Just Friends": Rebuilding Trust and Recovering Your Sanity after Infidelity